- It’s an expensive hobby or trade. Try to avoid getting into debt.
- Start off with a less expensive camera and spend more money on your lens.
- Purchase insurance for your gear.
- An expensive camera does not make a great photographer. Like Jordan’s don’t make a great Basketball player.
- Learn your Camera inside and out. Read every page of your Camera manual.
- Learn how to move to Manual mode and get out of auto mode.
- Learn ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture.
- Get it right in the camera and use Gimp, Corel Paintshop and Adobe Photoshop less. Slow down and think about your composition, location, and subject.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Make mistakes and learn from them. The pros make mistakes, but they don’t show it.
- Purchase an External Hard drive to backup your photos. In 2007 I lost all of my photos when my Computer Hard Drive died
- Find a mentor and don’t expect then to teach you everything.
- Try to shoot something every week.
- Don’t expect everyone to like your work. I use to try to take photos of everyone.
- Don’t compare your work to other people work.
- Look at people work that inspires you.
- Avoid adding big ugly watermark and vignette to every photo.
- Always keep learning.
Feel free to share, like and comment.
Tell me something you learn about Photography below in the comment section